I would like to export my SketchUp model / drawing to Piranesi (EPix format). How to export from SketchUp to Piranesi file format?
1) Start SketchUp, open your model and select the view you wish to use.
2) Click File > Export > 2D Graphic
3) Now, from the 'Export Type' list at the bottom, select Piranesi Epix (*.epx)
4) Click the Options button on the dialog box
5) On the pop-up window, uncheck Use view size
Now specify your required resolution in the Width and Height boxes. Note that SketchUp will maintain the aspect ratio of the viewport on screen, so you may have to resize the Sketchup window on screen to get the correct aspect ratio.
If you find these files are too large for your machine, try half the size.
The lower part of the dialog box contains the following options:
Click OK and then browse to the location in which to save the EPix file. The EPix files generated by SketchUp are uncompressed, so we recommend that you open the files in Piranesi and save them which will also compress them.
Now you can start painting in Piranesi.