PlanSwift is an easy construction takeoff & estimating software program that makes doing takeoffs a snap, just point-and-click!
Calculate Square Footage, Just Point-and-Click! No digitizer needed! Yet, we now offer digitizer compatibility to ease the transition to digital on-screen plans! 2-in-1 for a fraction of the price!
PlanSwift can load scanned plans as well as import directly from .TIF, .PDF - Adobe, .DXF, .DWF, .DWG - AutoCAD, .PLN - Dodge Plan files, .JPG, and more. PlanSwift can also download plans directly from many online plan rooms.
Watch PlanSwift Intro Video
- Undo! - now you can undo any change
- When emailing plans to other users, the ability to select individual pages from the list.
- Add columns to the "Open Job" dialog...example "Estimator" or "Due Date"
- All new ribbon bar - more efficient use of the toolbar space
- Quick Search - search all commands in the ribbon bar, plus searching your current estimates, and templates at the same time
- New "Notes" sidebar...see all notes on the job in 1 place
- New docking system - (windows don't get lost)
- Multi-select capability - hold SHIFT or CTRL to select multiple items
- Color themes... Black, Blue, Silver
- Hyperlinks. Click hyperlinks on the page to either navigate to a URL or function as a bookmark to another page
- Search the pages window
- Folder structure for images: Now the user can group images in folders, such as "Architectural", "Structural", "Civil", etc.
- "Tabbed" browsing. Open multiple images at the same time...overall the software feels more like a "browser" for blueprint images, with powerful capabilities. Dock or undock tabs and move to additional monitors
Hover navigation: Hover over arrows (up, down, left, right) to pan around the page (perfect for touch screens too)
- Takeoff / Image
- Database integration: Ability to create custom lists (example: Items, Customers, Divisions, etc.) that can be linked to database
- Database Integration: Link PlanSwift to any existing ADO compatible database (including Excel, SQL Server, MS Access) for Price Lists, Customer Lists, etc.
- Object oriented estimating (with Object Inheritance): We are introducing a new concept here. Each estimating assembly or formula can be "inherited" to other similar items allowing powerful plugins to be created with "Smart" functionality while digitizing.
- Modify item properties directly from the estimating screen
- Automatic units conversions - Enter values in IN, FT, M, CM, or any measurement type and it gets automatically gets converted
- Reporting: Greatly enhanced reporting capabilities. Sort & group the data any way you want, and save pre-built "Views"
- Calculated Column - ability to create a column that is stored only on the report (not on the items) and calculates on the fly
- Customizable page layout for reports (add logo, etc.)
- Modify item properties directly from the reports screen
- Excel 2010 Compatibility for the Live Excel integration
Language / International
- Better metric compatibility
- Language Packs - Ability for the software to operate in multiple languages
- New Property/Field Types: CheckBox, Color, Memo, Image, Path, Slider Bar, and more (store these properties on any item)
- Friendly "Input" screen when editing properties
- Form Designer: Ability to give templates friendly form inputs by using the form designer
- New Concept of "Storages": Allows the user to control where their job data and templates are stored (folder on HD, in a database, in XML file, etc.)
- Much more open architecture - Every object (page, bookmark, area, linear, count, template....anything....has it's own XML based set of properties for storing/tagging additional information to. Perfect for plugins to piggypack on PlanSwift architecture)
- Ability to embed/integrate 3rd party apps into the software as a seamless solution (appearing as 1 software)
- Ability for Events/Methods to launch Executable Plugins
- New Script Editor window with built-in help files
Help / Support
- More integrated experience
- Parts show what type of takeoff item they need dropped onto
- Export to Excel "Report": Ability to define a "Report" from an Excel template (such as Invoice/Estimate), and have it populated with Data from PlanSwift (this is different functionality than the existing Live Excel integration)
- SwiftMarket integration: The most powerful tool for buying and selling construction materials and services, now linked into the #1 takeoff software.
Questions & Answers
[Q] Can I install PlanSwift on on a Mac?
[A] It is up to you to make sure that your system meets the requirements for the Parallels, BootCamp or VMWare.
[Q] What file formats are compatible with PlanSwift?
[A] PlantSwift supports: .TIF, .TIFF (Tagged Image Format File), .PDF (Acrobat Portable Document Format), .DXF (AutoCAD Drawing Interchange Format ), .DWF (Autodesk Design Web Format), .DWG (AutoCAD Drawing Database), .PLN (Dodge Plan File), .JPG, JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group image), .CPC (Cartesian Products Compressed Internet Document), .OSX, .DJVU,.CAL
[Q] Does PlanSwift software work with a digitizer?
[A] PlanSwift is a complete digitizer replacement, and therefore removes the need to purchase a digitizer. Digitizing on screen has many powerful benefits to save time and reduce errors, using of the powerful graphic capabilities of the computer. Version 8.1 does work with GTCO digitizers using TabletWorks 10.05 or higher.
[Q] What file formats does PlanSwift support?
[A] .TIF, .PDF (Adobe), .DXF, .DWG (AutoCAD), .PLN (Dodge plan files), .JPG, .CPC, and more. We are currently working to accept .DWF file format. The .TIF and .DWG file formats are the preferred formats for use within PlanSwift.
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2.5 GHZ or better or AMD 2.8 or better
- RAM: 1 GB (2GB or More if you do not have a dedicated graphics card)
- Free Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
- Video Card: nVidia or ATI Graphics Card with 128 MB or More Dedicated Video RAM
Optional Components Not Required for Program Use
- MS Office Integration Features
- MS Excel 2002 - 2010
- MS Outlook 2002 - 2010
Basic Support Subscription
Subscribe now and get fully supported with your CAD software....