Flamingo nXt 5 Released
Posted by Celine on 21/02/2016
Flamingo nXt 5 has been released. This release integrates Flamingo with the built-in Rhino Rendering interface RDK.
This new version is a free upgrade for existing Flamingo nXt owners. Contact us for more details
What is new or improved in this version?
- Integrate Flamingo with the Rhino rendering framework (RDK)
- Better real-time simulation in the viewport (Rendered view)
- Drag & Drop materials integrated with Rhino
- Supports Rhino mesh modifiers
- Curve Piping
- Render Displacement
- Edge Softening
- Shut Lining
- Removed duplicate interface elements between Flamingo and Rhino
- Use the built-in Rhino texture mapping tools
- Direct integration with native Rhino material libraries
- Familiar Flamingo material editor panels within the Rhino material editor
- Supports multiple environments
- New "Hybrid" render engine combines features of both the existing default and pathtracer engines.
Previously the rendering artifacts left by the default renderer were severe shadows and effects early in a rendering.
The Pathtracer was slower, but had fewer artifacts. The new Hybrid engine tries to strike a compromise between these two.
- FlamingoRT - an experimental, modeless render preview window. The RT window is constantly rendering as the model updates.
Works in a low priority worker thread and updates when the referenced view is idle.